Cru is a caring community passionate about connecting people to Jesus Christ.
Our purpose is helping to fulfill the Great Commission in the power of the Holy Spirit by winning people to faith in Jesus Christ, building them in their faith and sending them to win and build others and helping the body of Christ to do evangelism and discipleship through a variety of creative ways.
We are committed to the centrality of the cross, the truth of the Word, the power of the Holy Spirit and the global scope of the Great Commission. Read our Statement of Faith.
Cru offers spiritual guidance, resources and programs tailored for people from all cultures in every walk of life through many diverse outreaches, including:
- 2,400 campus ministries engaging more than 82,000 involved students in the U.S. college campuses.
- Partnership with more than 2,000 churches and organizations to reach America’s poor with the resources they need to survive and overcome the challenges of poverty.
- Marriage and family outreaches to 12 million people annually through media, conferences and locally hosted events.
- Athletic outreaches in 85 nations and 200 college campus in the U.S. along with sports media that touches the lives of an estimated 100 million people annually.
- Ministry to military installations and communities in 50 states as well as deployed units (ships, flight lines and foxholes)
- The Jesus Film, shown in over 1,300 languages on every nation in the world. To date it is responsible for 6.5 billion exposures to the gospel and 230 million indicated decisions for Christ.
Cru was originally founded as Campus Crusade for Christ in 1951, when Bill and Vonette Bright began the ministry on the UCLA campus. God had given him a vision portraying the total fulfillment of the Great Commission throughout the world. We are only a part of God’s workforce to accomplish that, but we are passionate about our part and how we can help others achieve their parts. From the beginning we have sought to be a caring community as well as a community on mission.
During Bill Bright’s first talk at a Greek sorority, he invited the group of 60 students to enter into a relationship with Christ and 30 became new believers. Within a few months, 250 students were involved.
Our goal is to give everyone an opportunity to know someone who truly follows Jesus.
Cru is committed to helping proclaim the gospel throughout the world. The context of winning, building and sending most often occurs best in relationships. Even when the initial proclamation penetrates from outside a community, typically the gospel continues to spread among family, friends, neighbors and peers. For example, when the woman at the well heard from Jesus, she ran to tell others: “Come and see!”
We want to equip you as you share your faith with those in your community. You can find valuable tools to bring Christ into every area of life.
There are thousands of opportunities through Cru to be involved in the Great Commission. From summer mission trips for students to a week of helping pack supplies for needy families overseas, Cru is continually looking for new ways to engage people with the gospel.
Where can we help you today?
As we seek to create spiritual movements everywhere, we are also committed to helping you reach your community with the message of God’s love.
Find tools and articles that will equip you as you seek to tell others about Christ.